The Colours of AW12/13
For Autumn/Fall and Winter of 2012 there are the usual darker colours we associate with this time of the year, such as the staple and classic blacks and greys but with the addition of breaking this up with warmer colours such as rich Burgundy, Berry, Rust Reds along with various muted colours and tones. Bring in Browns with leather accents, shoes, boots and bags in brown leather always work well.
This season we are also seeing the introduction of various shades of Deep Blue, Dark Blue, Navy Blue, Powder Blues, Muted Blues and Blue Blacks. If you want something different to these colours there are some Earthy Greens and Mustard Yellow options.
The main look I see and feel is exciting at the moment is the Heritage Look which is similar to the Gentleman look but with a more country feel to it and more layers. Blasers mixed with sweaters, plaid or tartan shirts, pattern prints and knitwear. Slim trousers and skinny jeans worn with brogues or boots in black or brown.
Jewellery and Accessory Tips
Regardless if you follow the fashion or not, your colours and types of clothing will alter in the Autumn and Winter. I make jewellery and although these accessories are less visable at this time of year they can really make a difference to your outfit and add a subtle yet finished look. Natural semi precious stones, real precious metals and quality woods will give you the edge, and help you step out from the crowd. Its all in the details...
For this time of year you cant go wrong with classic Black beads, matte looks great especially with Silver, try Matte Black Stone, Matte Onyx and rustic Lava Stone. Also look for the rich browns, such as Bronzite or Tiger Ebony. To introduce warmer colours in keeping with AW12/13, try bracelets with accents of Red Tiger Eye, Garnet, Mahogany Obsidian or burgundy Rosewood. For the deep and darker blues, look for Lapis Lazuli or Sodalite, pair blue and brown bracelets. Work with the greys and blue blacks with my Norwegian Black Moonstone.
- For metals other than classic oxidised Silver, look for rustic Bronze, Brass and tarnished Copper, you can wear Gold/ Gold Plated, try it with an aged or antique finish but always keep it to a minimum.
- Dont mix metals if wearing multiples unless they are similar looking. If your wearing a silver bracelet or watch on one arm for example its ok to wear another metal on the other arm, unless its a formal occasion when keeping simple will work better.
- Go eclectic and add a bohemian edge to a blaser or some soul to a suit jacket with a mala inspired beaded bracelet in earthy browns, blue or dark red.
- Try a beaded wood or stone necklace in brown beads with bronze accents, worn just showing behind a shirt.
- Stack a bracelet with a leather watch, try to match with the strap colour or contrast blue with brown, red with black.
- Mix cream, off white and light brown colours with burgundy.
- Make a statement with a metal bangle on its own or with some beads, Bronze, Copper or timeless Silver.
- See some of my creatons pictured below that I reccomend for this season. Ive also created a Pinterest board with some style inspirations based on this article, which ill continue adding to, so please follow! Mens Autumn Fall Winter 2012 Wardrobe Pinterest Board
You can find all these designs and much more at my shop Merkaba Warrior on etsy, I ship worldwide.
|Mens Bronzite Bracelet with Sandalwood Mala Bead|
|Mens Bronzite and Silver Capped Lapis Lazuli Bracelets|
|Mens Mahogany Obsidian and Bronze Buddha Bracelet|
|Mahogany Obsidian and Lava Stone Buddha Bracelets with Bronzite Bracelet|
|Mens Serpentine and Silver Om Bracelet with Hematite accent|
|Lava Stone and Silver capped Red Tiger Eye Mens Bracelet|
|Mens Matte Black Stone, Silver and Garnet Wrap Bracelet|
|Vintage Indian Coin Necklace with Tiger Ebony|
|Mens Picasso Jasper and Smoky Quartz Bronze Skull Bracelet|
|Mens bracelets in Bloodstone, Radraksha Seed and Bronze Buddha head|